What English speaking country would you most like to visit?

Wednesday 5 May 2010

WHY SHOULD I SAVE WATER?



In our last classes we've been talking about what's good and bad for the environment.

We've learnt about the 3 Rs: Recycle, Reuse and Reduce.



Today we've read the book Why Should I Save Water?

This story tells us how we can all save water, for example, not leaving the taps on while brushing our teeth or while doing the washing up.

Now answer these questions:

1. What's good for the environment?
Recycling is good for the environment.
Walking to school is good for the environment.

2. What's bad for the environment?
Going by car pollutes the environment. It's bad for the environment.
Wasting water is bad for the environment.


3.
What can you do to save water? Have a look at the poster below for more ideas.
I can collect rain water to save water.
4. What do you do to save water?
I do full loads of washing to save water.
I don't leave taps on while brushing my teeth or while doing the washing up.

And remember:

7 comments:

  1. Dear Rose,
    This is Laia.

    I don't leave taps on while brushing my teeth or while doing the washing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rose
    This is Clara

    1. Go to school by bike is good for the environment.
    Don't leave taps on is good for the environment.

    2. Go to school by car is bad for the environment.
    Leave taps on is bad for the environment.

    3. I can put a brick in the toilet .
    Collect rain water.
    Shouldn't leave taps on.
    Full loads of washing.
    have a shouer instead of a bath.

    4. I do full loads of washing to save water.
    I have a bath I have a shower.
    I don't leave taps on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose,
    This is Llibert.
    1.What is good for the environment is go to school by bike, water the plants with rain water and have a shower.
    2.What is bad for the environment is going to school by car, motorbike, bus, helicopter. Also have a bath.
    3.What we can do to save water collect rainwater for irrigation, to have a shower, and not leave the taps open.
    4.What I do to save water is not leaving the taps open, irrigation with rainwater, not have baths but sometimes I have shower.

    Bye,Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rose
    This is Ahlam
    I vote I have a shower

    1. Have shawer is good for the environment.

    2.Go to school by car is bad for the environment.

    3.To leave taps on is bad for the environment.

    BYE,BYE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose,
    This is Raúl.
    1.Go to school on foot is good for the environment and water the plants with rain water.
    2.Go to school by car is bad for the environment and bath.
    3.Not leave the taps open and not bath.
    4.I do full loads and collecting rain water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rose
    This is Carla
    1.Go to school on foot is good for the environment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rose,
    This is Elena.

    1.Go to school by underground is "good" for the environmet.


    2. Have a bath is bad for the environment.


    3. No leave taps on is good for the environment.


    4. I do full loads of washing is good for the enviroment.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

JUSTIN BIEBER - BABY

Our 4th B graders asked me to practice this song in class. How about some home practice in the meanwhile?

HELLO / GOODBYE